Dear community,

We are using Exalate to sync issues from Jira to Zendesk. When doing so, we want to set the status in Zendesk to a translated status from Jira (this works fine via a mapper provided in the Exalate documentation).

However, we seem to be able only to set the status to a 'statusCategory' at which point Zendesk assigns the default status of this category. Has anyone figured out yet how to set the status to a specific status in Zendesk rather than the category itself?

The code to set the status we use is: 

issue.setStatus(localStatusName)

localStatusName in our case is: open, pending, solved

our pending category for example has 2 statusses → we want to set one or the other in specific cases whereas now it always uses the default one for this category when using the setStatus function for 'pending'.

Kind regards

Michiel

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

I haven't done this - we're quite lucky and only need to set to Open!
      But if you don't find a way to do this directly then rather than set status you could add a tag, and then have a trigger in Zendesk that removes the tag and sets the correct status. Very much a workaround, but would give the required result.

1. Michiel Singh

Aha I should have thought of something like this, good tip!

I still have to investigate further (haven't had the time yet) but will update here if I come up with a 'cleaner' solution.

2. Michiel Singh

Ola Timpson Just wanted to let you know I have handled it the way you describe and it works fine. Let's hope Exalate has something in the future to to this more OOTB (wink)

Hi Michiel Singh 

Thank you for connecting on our community portal and will love to address this. 

Please check these 2 articles regarding this and let me know if it is useful or not. 

Sync status between Jira and Zendesk
      Configure incoming sysn to custom Zendesk Field (Jira Status)

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks!

Jillani

1. Michiel Singh

Jillani Fazal this describes the default behaviour but as far as I can see (or atleast have been able to get it to work), this only works with the status category as described in my initial request. I have even had a call with Exalate support a while ago and they didn't know either (haven't followed up on this since then though). As there is no open ticket for this with Exalate, I am now trying through the community (smile)

2. Jillani Fazal

Michiel Singh I see and thank you for the update, I hope that the steps shared by Ola Timpson will work and looking forward to the outcome. (smile)