Hi!

We have 2 Jira cloud instances synchronised with Exalate. We have an error and the official support asked us to upgrade Exalate version.

"I see that you have very old Exalate version on your Jira DC side. Would it be possible for you to upgrade it to the latest Exalate version and try again?"

I suppose "DC" means Data Center.
The colleague who first installed Exalate is not working for our company for almost a year now and he didn't write documentation about it.

We doesn't have any servers, or data centers. We use only cloud products.

We have never updated Exalate versions.
I'm not an Exalate expert and I'm confused with the cloud vs data center thing.

Can you please help how to upgrade our Exalate to newer version?

Thank you!

Richard

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Hi Richard!

Exalate for Jira cloud updates automatically when a new release is deployed, except you have a "custom build".

Exalate for JIra DC (Data Center) can be updated manually from Jira → Manage App → Exalate (expand) → Update (press) - will be updated to the last version (for now it's 5.7.0):

To check your version you should open any Exalate page and look at the bottom:

To distinguish between cloud and DC you can compare the General Setting page of Exalate. The page you see above is for Jira cloud, because it has Exalate URL, and the page you see below is for DC (Server) because it doesn't have it:

Hope, I could help you with your question )

Best regards, Ostap

Hi!

Thank you guys for the help. Now I am sure that we have a cloud version. See the screenshots below.

So, luckily, I can't push any upgrade buttons! Therefore I can't make Exalate collapse... this way. grinning face with smiling eyes 
        It's up to the support now to solve the problem.

Best regards,

Richard

1. Javier Pozuelo

Hello Richard,

I can see in the image you shared that you have the latest version of Exalate. Can you share the Ticket number where Exalate support told you to update your version, so I can take a look over it?

2. Richard K

Hi Javier,

it was this ticket: EASE-26574
          We discussed it and it was a misunderstanding and closed the issue.

Our problem solving continues on EASE-28241.

Richard

3. Javier Pozuelo

Hello Richard,

I see that the ticket is currently being handled. So you can expect it to be solved through the Support Portal

Kind regards

Hi

As a clarification, an upgrade should not be of any conern and it should run smoothly. But as with all upgrades and especially going from a really old version some complications may be expected. So I would if you have access to a test instance try it there first. If not then press update and hope for the best and use the expression "No one remebers a coward" :)

Good luck and let us know how it goes and reach out if you have any more questions.

Regards

Daniel Miks

1. Richard K

Hi Daniel!

We are a small company. I am the only coward who knows Exalate.
          I think everyone will remember me! grinning face with smiling eyes 

Richard