I would like to pass the Jira ticket URL to Zendesk and am wondering if within the Exalate trigger I can access the Jira smart value '{{issue.url}}' or similar i.e. replica.some_variable = issue.url  ? I have tried a few variations around this to no avail. By the way, I do realize I could use the smart value within Jira itself and assign to a new field that stores the URL then pass that across to Zendesk but would prefer to avoid this if possible.

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Triggers are used to add automation in Jira i.e. it is a way of telling Exalate which issues need to be sent to the other side. They cannot be used to pass data.

Instead, you can pass any sort of data within your Outgoing script in Jira by packaging it into the replica variable. In fact, you can already access the issue key from Jira in the Zendesk incoming scripts using the variable replica.key. So, for instance if you wanted to populate the Jira URL into a custom field called RemoteURL in Zendesk, the following line in ZD incoming script should do it:

issue.customFields."RemoteURL".value = "https://<<your_domain_name>>.atlassian.net/browse/" + replica.key

Please let me know if this helps. 

Thanks

Majid

Yes, I was referring to the outgoing script in fairness but to confirm, your suggestion works perfectly! Much appreciated.