I have a connection from GitHub to Jira with a Trigger set on the GitHub side (I want to sync my GitHub cloud issues with Jira cloud).

The Trigger is currently disabled by default.

I want to use that trigger to bulk Exalate all my issues (several thousands), but it seems that it is limited to 1,000 syncs.

My question is: can I sync all my issues by doing Bulk Exalate on my trigger several times? Once a 1,000 batch is done, I do it again and it will sync the next 1,000 issues that haven't been synced?

Is there a better way to sync all the issues I have at once?

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hello Ashar,

Your recommendation did not work.

I since figured out why: GitHub queries are limited to return 1,000 items. As a result, my query was always returning the same 1,000 issues and I was unable to sync the rest.

What I had to do was to split the query into multiple ones that return less than 1,000 issues based on date ranges, ended up creating a separate trigger rule for each query, and each rule can now be run with Bulk Exalate, resulting in what I needed.

1. M. Ashar Iqbal

Hi Ben Roussel ,

I appreciate you for providing the solution and I am delighted that it has been effective for you.

Thank you for being a part of Exalate Community.

Regards,

Ashar

Hi Ben Roussel ,

You can run another batch immediately after completing the first batch of 1000 issues. However, please note that this process may take several minutes to complete as there will be many issues undergoing synchronization.

I trust that this response adequately addresses your query. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions regarding this matter.

Thank you,

Ashar