Do I see right that there is no such function as syncHelper.syncBackAfterProcessing on the ServiceNow side?

Are there any plans to add that at some point or is there any other way I could achieve the same thing in ServiceNow?

Because when I update the incident.assigned_to field to from 'empty' to someone or vice versa from someone to empty our ServiceNow automatically updates the status from 'Assigned to group' to 'Assigned to individual' or back. Which brings the status out of sync until I trigger a sync from ServiceNow to Jira in one way or another.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

I tested it now and it seems to be working fine, so it must be a gap in the documentation as the syncHelper.syncBackAfterProcessing() is not listed under ServiceNow on the syncHelper documentation page: syncHelper - Exalate Documentation - Exalate Documentation (idalko.com)

That leads me to another question though: SyncBackAfterProcessing performance implications? - community (exalate.com)

1. Ariel Aguilar

Hi Benjamin,

When you say you tested it, do you mean you added a piece of code on Jira Cloud or ServiceNow? I have looked on our base code and SyncBackAfterProcessing  does not look to be functional on ServiceNow, therefore the documentation would be fine. This leads me to think it worked on Jira Cloud, and propagated correctly to ServiceNow. Could you confirm?

Kind regards,

Ariel

2. Benjamin Kiene

Hi Ariel,

I added a "syncHelper.syncBackAfterProcessing()" line in the Incoming sync script on a ServiceNow node and it works flawlessly initiating a sync back to the other side as the function suggests.

Best regards, Ben

3. Ariel Aguilar

Hi Benjamin,

This is interesting, and thanks for letting us know. I will investigate then why it has not been added to our documentation and I will be back with you.

Thanks

Ariel

CommentAdd your comment...