We are using Exalate to synchronize projects between two JIRA instances (Internal & partners).

We have a project for each partner in JIRA partner, so the project name on internal JIRA is synced as component name in partner JIRA.

So partner A has issue and they component of the issue reflect the project name in internal JIRA.

I have a case now where the partner would create an issue in JIRA partner, and that has to be synchronized to a project in internal Jira based on teh component name of the issue in Partners Jira. how can I do that please ?

1. Sam

can someone help please ?

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi André,

Would you be able to help me on the link I shared please ? or shall I open a new discussion ?

Hi Sam,

Here's a solution for you, of course you'll have to change the componentNameToProjectMap values from the component name on the external jiras to the project keys of the internal jira:

if(firstSync){
          def componentNameToProjectMap = ["Test component":"TEST","Test component 2":"TEST2"]
         issue.projectKey   = replica.components.collect { component -> componentNameToProjectMap[component.name] }.find{it != null} ?: "TEST"
         // Set type name from source issue, if not found set a default
         issue.typeName     = nodeHelper.getIssueType(replica.typeName)?.name ?: "Task"
      }

Let me know if this works for you!

Best regards,

André

1. Sam

Thanks André

It works ... I am just missing the component and I pasted the question below:

Sync value in custom field with component/s field - Exalate - community