Hi guys, 

I have a situation that we like to use Jira's workflow or status to initiate sync up to a desired receiver project or company.  

Use Case:
3 platforms to sync up together/
A. Jira Software/Cloud - B. Jira Software/Cloud - C. Jira Service Desk/Local

Source Project - A
Receiver Project - B and C

Case one - Source project A uses workflow to assign a ticket to the receiver B while the receiver C can't see this ticket (compliance concerns). 

Case two - Source project A uses workflow to assign a ticket to the receiver C while the receiver B can't see this ticket (compliance concerns). 

Can any experts or use cases out there to shed a light on this particular use case?

I kept asking Exalate customer service about it and they were telling me this is the place where my special use case will get some directions or even a practical solution. 

I really appreciate to whom seeing this question and have some good tips and thank you in advance for leaving a mark here. THANK YOU~

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi  Allen,

This can be done by creating a trigger. In this trigger, you can say for example: status = "Sent to company B" 

And let it sync with the connection from company A to company B

Same for the other company. You create a trigger: status = "Sent to company C" 

And let it sync with the connection from company A to company C

Hi Michiel, 
        Thank you for the tip, here I post a picture to explain it a bit more. 
        My question is to use workflow to trigger sync to a specified receiver:

For instance:
        If I choose Assigned to 2nd support (Project B), the ticket will be generated and sync up to project B, not Project C. 

If I choose Assigned to Asia Support (Project C), the ticket will be generated and sync up to project C, not Project B. 

Screenshot 2020-10-15 085147.png

1. Michiel Meurs

Isn’t that what my solution does?

2. allenhsieh

yes, but we just found out to achieve using workflow's transition to trigger a sync up. You need to go to connection's trigger to set if & else commend line. 

3. Michiel Meurs

I'm glad to hear you found it. Can you maybe post your solution on this page? This way others can benefit from it.