Hello,
we started to use Exalate in our Company to sync different Jira Projects on the same Jira instance.

For testing purposes, we tried to “clone” one project (conatins 4500 Issues) to another one (empty-newly created), by using the Bulk Exalate function. It works really good (exept of the performance), but we recognized that Exalate starts to sync the newest (or last updated) Issues at first. That means, for example ABC-4500 will matched to DEF-1. As far as i know, exalate starts with the last updated issue and sync it to the new Project (create a new Issue).
Now i'm wondering if there is any possibility to force exalate to start with the oldest Issue (lowest ID) first.
For example, would it work if i use a “ORDER BY priority ASC” command in the script somehow, to tell exalate to start the Bulk Exalate function ascending by the id?

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hello, Atila Sabo 

Thanks for posting.
      At the moment, the only mechanism to ensure ordering would be blocking sync with error in case if previous issue wasn't synced yet.
      One could use advanced scripting to find the previous and next issue ids and then use syncHelper.isIssueUnderSync("10000") (where 10000 is the issue id you'd like to check) to know if the previous issue synced, if it's not synced - raise an error.

And depending on the platform, we might even be able to give you a script to find and resolve the error for the next issue once that the current one is created.

Regards, Serhiy.

CommentAdd your comment...