Is it possible to not trigger a sync when a certain status is set? We have a few statuses where wouldn't want the connected ticket to try and transition.

Between our two instances of JIRA, we do not have 1:1 statuses, so we find ourselves getting sync errors because it cannot find an corresponding status.

The only way I've been able to tackle this is by adding more statuses between the workflows, so Exalate doesn't throw an error. 

Our use case is JIRA is internal, and JSM is external for customers to view. Our JIRA workflow is much more granular than the JSM one, customers only need a few of these equivalent statuses. 

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi M. Ashar Iqbal,

I have configured as per your link, specifically from the part of the page:

Configuration

Let's consider you already have the Connection configured between two JIRA Instances.

Now you need to configure status synchronization

Map statuses

EXALATE FROM 4.7.3

Outgoing sync

To send the status use the code below  

replica.status = issue.status

Destination side

Incoming sync

def statusMap = ["Done": "Resolved", "In Progress": "In Action"] // ["remote status name": "local status name"]
      def remoteStatusName = replica.status.name
      issue.setStatus(statusMap[remoteStatusName] ?: remoteStatusName)

if status are the same on both sides you can just do:

issue.status = replica.status

This is exactly how I have mine set up. 

I would like to be able to have certain statuses not trigger a sync, there are a number of statuses I don't have corresponding statuses for between the two JIRA instances.

Thanks and regards,

Sam

Hi Samuel Carter ,

Have you tried configuring the 'Statuses' by following this guide "Status synchronization on Jira Server"?

Please let me know if it does not work, and we'll look for any other solution (if any available).

Thank you,

Ashar