We use the exalate to connect one project in DevOps to another project in Jira.
The synchronization Jira to Devops works without any issue.
However, the synchronization Devops to Jira doesn't work. When we force the exalate or do a bulk exalate the changes are synchronized to Jira. But when we change one task on Devops, for example, changing the assignee this change isn't sent to Jira.
We suspect the trigger doesn't work. We try to define simple triggers like "[Work Item Type] = 'Task'" but without success.
Can anyone help us to understand if we are doing something wrong?

I share the support zip file from Jira and DevOps configuration:
https://community.exalate.com/download/attachments/42834439/exalate_support_azurenode_5.3.0_20220217-142125.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1647003889197&api=v2https://community.exalate.com/download/attachments/42834439/exalate_support_jcloudnode_5.3.0_20220218-090406.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1647003892926&api=v2

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Generally what I have found is if the field you are updating is not in your output script, it wont fire an update to the destination side.

Not saying this is the problem in your case though, but I also have a DevOPS → JIRA Cloud sync running, and that has been my experience.

replica.assignee = issue.assignee 

The trigger on the other hand is only a filter which tells the system which new items to create.  If the ticket is already linked to the other side, your trigger is irrelevant.

1. João Domingos

When the script stops working that was my first thought that I changed the script by mistake and for that reason stop the synchronization. But no I change, for example, the assigned person many times but on Jira continuo assignee to the same person.
        In my output script on devops instance I have the code:
        replica.assignee = workItem.assignee
        It is wrong? 

2. João Domingos

OK I didn't know the triggers are only to create new items. All the items in our case are created n Jira Cloud and synchronized to Azure Devops. 

Our code work in the past. It stopped work when we migrate our devops project to another instance. Can be related?

3. Charlie Schonken

use this instead.
        This has always worked for me with my DevOPS output script

Things to take into account though, does the DevOPS assignee exist in JIRA.  I have found these need to match exact.

4. João Domingos

this is the script I have on Jira Outgoing. 

On DevOvs the tickets are WorkItems, right?

5. Charlie Schonken

on DevOPS I still use the issue tag.

I have only one specific instance where I use workitem and that is for a custom field I have for Acceptance Criteria.

CommentAdd your comment...