Hi,

How can I add a "Jira link" when I'm syncing 2 existing issues in Jira-server?

Our "connection" is local, between 2 projects on the same Jira on-premise instance. 

We have 2 methods to trigger the connection:

1. Using an exalate trigger, by a JQL query.
        In this method, when the trigger is triggered - a new issue is created in the destination project and a regular Jira-issue-link is added, as well as an exalate sync that is shown in the sync-panel / remote-link.
  2. Using the exalate Connect button that is located in {issue pannel>More>Connect}.
        When using this method, we connect 2 already created issues, and when doing so, only an exalate sync is shown in the sync-panel / remote-link, and a regular Jira-issue-link is not added.

In the script of the sync we use the script from here, but as mentioned, it works only on method 1.

I'll be happy for your help.

Thanks

In "Jira issue link" I mean this, for example:

In "sync panel" I refer to this, for example:

1. Harold Oconitrillo

Hi Elyashiv,

May you please confirm if you use a local connection ?

Kind regards,

Harold Cruz

2. Elyashiv

Hi Harold Oconitrillo ,

Yes, it's a local connection, both issues on the same instance of Jira Server.

3. Elyashiv

Serhiy Onyshchenko Saskia 
    Can you please help here?
    Thanks

4. Harold Oconitrillo

Hi Elyashiv

Please refer to the document below and also, add more content to this issue, so we can better understand how you want to synchronize the issue link to the existing issues.

https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/x/7YsrAQ 

Feel free to reach me back regarding this matter.

Kind regards,

Harold Cruz

5. Elyashiv

Hi Harold Oconitrillo ,
    I edited the question.
    The reference you sent is for syncing the issue links between the synced issues, but I want to create a new link between the 2 new synced issues, and not to sync the former issue links.

Hope it's more clear now.

6. Elyashiv

Hi Harold Oconitrillo 

Any update here?

Thanks

CommentAdd your comment...