Hi!

I'm using Exalate to connect Zendesk and Jira Cloud with Visual mode. I tried to modife the connection so that I won't get this Status: closed prevents ticket update error when Jira is trying to update closed Zendesk ticket. I just can't figure out what I should do to prevent this. When I tried to fix it I just broke the whole connection or nothing changed.

Can someone help me with this?

Error code:

• Impact: Sync for ticket 23146 is blocked
  • Local entity: 23146
  • Remote entity: DCS-530
  • Connection: DIZendesk_to_DCSJIRA
  • Error type: Issue Tracker Error
  • Error Creation Time: Dec 07, 2021 08:55:02
  • Error Detail Message: Status: closed prevents ticket update
  • Error Stack Trace: services.exception.TicketErrorCollectionException: Status: closed prevents ticket update at services.node.client.ZendeskClient.filterResponse(ZendeskClient.scala:754) at services.node.client.ZendeskClient.$anonfun$updateIssue$3(ZendeskClient.scala:736) at scala.concurrent.Future.$anonfun$flatMap$1(Future.scala:307) at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise.$anonfun$transformWith$1(Promise.scala:41) at scala.concurrent.impl.CallbackRunnable.run(Promise.scala:64) at akka.dispatch.BatchingExecutor$AbstractBatch.processBatch(BatchingExecutor.scala:56) at akka.dispatch.BatchingExecutor$BlockableBatch.$anonfun$run$1(BatchingExecutor.scala:93) at scala.runtime.java8.JFunction0$mcV$sp.apply(JFunction0$mcV$sp.java:23) at scala.concurrent.BlockContext$.withBlockContext(BlockContext.scala:85) at akka.dispatch.BatchingExecutor$BlockableBatch.run(BatchingExecutor.scala:93) at akka.dispatch.TaskInvocation.run(AbstractDispatcher.scala:48) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator.scala:48) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:290) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.topLevelExec(ForkJoinPool.java:1020) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.scan(ForkJoinPool.java:1656) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1594) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:183)
    CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hello Visa Stenvall ,

If you have this issue on Jira side - you need to modify "Closed" status properties in the Workflow of the issue that you want to Update/Reopen.

With best regards,
      Dmitrij

1. Visa Stenvall

Hi!

This error is on Zendesk side. Problem comes when we update Jira issue which is connected to closed Zendesk ticket. There is no need to update closed Zendesk ticket but I don't want to see these error pop up once in a while.

So if there is a rule that I can apply for Zendesk which makes Exalate not to update closed Zendesk ticket that would be perfect.

- Visa

2. Dmitrij POPOV

Hello Visa Stenvall ,

While I am looking for the solution on my side, please feel free to check the following link:
        https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/x/1gBzAg

With best regards,
        Dmitrij

3. Visa Stenvall

Hi!

I totally forgot about this but the problem is still active and I have to manually fix these problems which obviously take time.

Did you find any fix to this? I didn't find any.

- Visa

CommentAdd your comment...