Hi,

We are using Exalate and have connections from Zendesk to Jira. We are using the visual plan.

When a Zendesk chat ticket is Exalated from Zendesk to Jira, the transcript from the chat that is synchronized to Jira, does not have new lines, making it almost unreadable. Please have a look at the screenshot attached as an example.

As well, we noticed that when using the "Reply to customer" functionality in Jira, that it actually replies to the end user in Zendesk, i.e. In other words, the "Reply to customer" from Jira is mapped to "Public Reply" in Zendesk.

This can be very dangerous, and there is no way to disable this mapping or changing the mapping so that they are made as "Internal Note"s instead in Zendesk. There is one option in the rules section for Comments, where you could not synchronize external comments, but sadly this functionality does not work.

Would you be able to help us with these two issues?

Thanks,

1. Ariel Aguilar

Hi Svein,

In this particular case, I would suggest:

1. Delete the comments mapping. 
    2. Check the following documentation on how to add script: https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/x/ogXHAw
    3. Once you add the script, clear the default text from script box and only add the following script as follows:

The connection name in this example is JIRACLOUD_to_ZD. JIRACLOUD and ZD should be replaced by your local instance names according to your connection name.

if (executionInstanceName == "JIRACLOUD") {
        replica.comments = commentHelper.mergeComments(issue, replica, {it.internal = true})
    }
    if (executionInstanceName == "ZD") {
        replica.comments = commentHelper.mergeComments(issue, replica, {
      comment ->
        comment.internal = true
        comment
      }
    )
    }

The first code will add comments as internal notes if supported in Jira Cloud.

The second code will add comments as internal notes in ZenDesk.

Make sure to save and publish changes.

Let me know if this works for you.

Kind regards,

Ariel

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

1. Ariel Aguilar

Hi Svein,

Great to hear it worked for you. And yes, sorry I overlooked this part.

Kind regards,

Ariel

Hi Ariel Aguilar ,

This is perfect, it's working exactly how we want it now, thanks a lot (smile)

Regarding the second issue that we are having with the Zendesk Chat transcript being displayed without new lines in Jira, should I create a new post for that?

Thanks,