Hi,

I have following requirement.

1. Need to sync linked records to a Defect.
2. How to manage if the linked record is un-linked and re-linked to another Defect

Thanks

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

The first thing you need to achieve is to detect that a link has been created/removed, and this depends on the instance

Can you detail out the details of your Jira (cloud, server - version) ...

1. Vimalraj Rangasamy

Hi Francis,

I have a local server instance (server1) from which I will sync to cloud instance (cloud1). I believe I can sync a linked record by manually syncing both Defect and linked Event and replica.issueLinks = issue.issueLinks will take care of retaining the link.

For the second question, if the link between Defect and Event is removed in server instance (Jira1), will the cloud1 retain the link or Event will be unlinked in cloud?

If the Event-1 is unlinked from Defect-1 and linked to Defect-2, can this be synced to cloud1 considering Defect-2 is already synced to cloud1. i.e., Event-1 will be unlinked in Defect-1 and linked to Defect-2 in cloud

Please assist

2. Francis Martens (Exalate)

For the second question, if the link between Defect and Event is removed in server instance (Jira1), will the cloud1 retain the link or Event will be unlinked in cloud?

As told, you need to detect that that link has been removed.  This is possible depending on the version of Jira Server.  What is the version of Jira Server ...

3. Vimalraj Rangasamy

Jira server version: 8.1

CommentAdd your comment...