Hello - We have a custom field setting in Jira which isn’t currently being referenced in the Exalate sync code. It is therefore populating the custom field with the first available option when the ticket is created. I want to value of the custom field to be hard set for all new tickets in Jira.

The Jira custom field = Request Type

The customer field value = Zendesk Escalated Request

The Jira customer field doesn’t sync with a field in ZD (although I could create one if needed), but it would always be set to “Zendesk Escalated Request”

I assume I have to add a line of code in the outgoing sync in Zendesk.

I was thinking something like

replica.request type = zendesk escalated request

If it is a hard code push

or

replaice.request type = issue.zendesk escalated request

if I have to create a ZD field to sync it with

But how can I confirm the specific details of the naming conversion/specific language needed as the request type data isn’t currently showing in the sync package so I can’t check.

If you could help that would be great.

1. Mauricio Infiesta

Hello, could you confirm if the instance is Jira Server or Jira Cloud?

Best regards,

Mauricio Infiesta 

2. Stéphane Thillay

Hi,

If the goal is to populate a field with a specific value on the target, I would consider using the "Incoming" script of the target system.

That is update the Jira Incoming script to set/force your custom field with an hard coded string in the script.
    Here, it makes no sense to "send" the value from Zendesk (the remote if I get it right) into the replica to finally populate a custom field on Jira (the target) with a value that doesn't come from Zendesk.

Regards,

Stéphane

CommentAdd your comment...