We have a visual connection that syncs a Jira project between two Jira server instances, called Next and Corp to abbreviate.

The connection is configured as automatic for Next to Corp, and disabled for Corp to Next (I also tried the Manual option).

We always want changes in Next to go to Corp, but we want changes in Corp to only go to the Next instance in certain statuses, so for this we made a Trigger with a JQL that filters with statuses in the Corp instance.

But we made some tests to see if it works by editing an issue in B that doesnt fit the filter in the trigger, and Exalate still tries to sync it.

Changing the rules section wouldnt work because we do want to sync from corp to next in certain cases that fit a JQL. If I understood that properly.

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Hi Jose, 

I think there is a disconnect here. Let me try and explain:

• The configuration screen has two tabs i.e. Scope and Rules. 
      • The scope screen controls which project are under sync and whether the Exalate operation is automated or manual. Let us say you have set this as Automated in the direction from A to B based on some condition. Now when a ticket is created/updated in A that meets the criteria you set, that ticket is automatically picked up and sent to B (the Exalate operation). 
      • Now that these two tickets are linked, the "Scope" screen does not control anything further in the case of this pair of tickets. Any subsequent events on either of these tickets get controlled by the Rules screen i.e. if you have comments syncing bi-directionally on the Rules screen, then that is how comments will sync between these two tickets. 

So, in short, 

• The Scope screen will only control the first event (the Exalate action) i.e. when a ticket is picked up and sent to the other end. 
      • Once the pair of tickets exists, everything else is controlled via the Rules screen. 

I hope this made sense. I would also highly recommend you to review the Exalate Academy that talks about how the integration works end to end. 

Thanks

Majid

Hi Dhiren,

I tried both Manual and Disabled in corp, the problem is that when I make a change in an issue in corp, Exalate still synces that change to next, even if the issue doesn't fit the filter and the connection is disabled.

1. Dhiren Notani

Hi Jose,

Can you try it on a new issue please and let me know if the issue still persists.

Thanks, 

Dhiren

Hi Jose,

Thank you for asking your question here on the community.

I believe that the connection is configured as automatic for Next to Corp. I would suggest you to change this to manual, and keep the triggers active as per your desired filter.

Thanks, Dhiren