Hi,

I’m experiencing a Jira status sync thrash when synchronizing a newly created issues whose statuses have changed before the first sync completes.

In my case, the two statuses in question (Draft and Ready for Grooming) are present on both sides of the sync, so no mapping is required (although I do use a mapping for other statuses).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create an issue (DEV-14602)
  2. Update status from Draft to Ready for Grooming
  3. Wait for issue to sync

Actual results: issue syncs and creates CS-2803 in Ready for Grooming status, but then DEV-14602 is reset back to Draft status

Expected result: both DEV-14602 and CS-2803 are sync’d in Ready for Grooming status

Note: 

I reproduced the behavior again this morning, although the result was a little different. In this case, on the incoming side the status was reset to Draft and then Ready for Grooming, while the outgoing side was reset back to draft.

Expected result: both sides synchronized to Ready for Grooming status, which is the last status set by a user.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

I was able to work around this issue by adding syncHelper.syncBackAfterProcessing() to the incoming sync of the remote instance. 

Exalate still erroneously sets the status back to default (red in the attached screenshot) when I follow the above steps i.e. status change immediately following issue creation, but this change corrects it (green in the attached screenshot). 

CommentAdd your comment...