I've implemented Exalate linking on my development Jira instance and I'm ready to deploy it all to staging for user testing. Question: can I export the configuration (connections, triggers, etc) so I don't have to re-implement it all by hand? I ask because I have connections from a single Jira Service Manager project to eight different Jira projects. Each connection syncs anywhere from 12 to 60 fields and there are as many as 10 scripts in each connection. I really don't want to enter all that data again when the only change is the connection URL. I'd also like to have a backup in case something goes horribly wrong.

Is there a way to export Exalate configuration as XML or JSON or something?

Note: I found How to backup and restore Exalate's configuration in Jira? I would like to avoid making direct changes to the database, especially when it comes time to deploy to production. 

My instance is Jira Datacenter (on-prem) v8.20 with JSM and Exalate v5.3.9.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Logan, did you ever get a respond to your question? Just have created a question at Exalate if the have a backup and restore function. Lets see if they answer as often that I should ask the community.

Our use case for this requirement is that we are regularly creating clones of our prod instance to have more current data in our non-prod instances. But with this we have now the prod connection in the non prod instance. To not corrupt data by sending something from a non prod to a remote prod instance we have to delete all connections after the clone in the new cloned instance. But then the information from the former configured connection in the non-prod instance before it was deleted and replaced by a new clone is no longer available to recreate the former connections.

Therefore we would need a export/back functionality for all connections that could be used to import/restore these in another instance.

CommentAdd your comment...