I'm sync'ing Zendesk to Jira OnPrem and need to get the Zendesk Customer Service Agent who manually initiates the Exalate sync and put this username into the Jira Reporter field.

This is not the end user customer (ie. requestor/submitter) but the Zendesk Customer Service Agent who works on the ticket and communicates with that end user.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Sandra

1. Ariel Aguilar

Hi Sandra,

I guess the person who initiates the exalate sync event in Jira On-Prem, is the assignee of the issue? Then, what needs to happen in Zendesk side?

Kind regards,

Ariel

2. Sandra Campbell

hi Ariel,

Our tickets are created in Zendesk and the Zendesk Assignee won't always be the human who initiates the Exalate to Jira - it can be someone else in the team. So I was hoping there was a way of getting the Current User in the Zendesk source side. 

This doco shows how to get the current authenticated user in Jira OnPrem, so I'm looking for the equivalent in Zendesk.

Setting the current authenticated user as a target issue reporter in Exalate for Jira on-premise - Exalate Documentation - Exalate Documentation (idalko.com)

(When I get the current auth user in a Jira OnPrem destination sync it comes back with the proxy user as defined in the Exalate Config - not the current human user. So that doesn't help.)

thanks,

Sandra

CommentAdd your comment...