I came across this article and I am error when a issue moves from Bug to Task (issue Type)... 

https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+move+issues+automatically

Based on the error it suggests that "No such property: Move for class"... 

Where can I get the helper class Move ?

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Hi Samip,

I believe the problem is in the following lines of your script:

if (replica.typeName != issue.type.name)

This isn't working as you'd expect, you can only use .typeName when you are creating a new issue, the replica's .typeName field is always empty. You should use the following:

if (replica.type.name != issue.type.name)

Let me know if this solves things for you.

Thanks,

André

1. Samip K Banker

André Leroy-Beaulieu Castro :

I had replica.type.name before but then it complained... so I changed to "replica.typeName". I know the script is going in the if loop as its hitting this exception in the if loop

//throw new IssueTrackerException("incomming issuetype = " + replica.typeName + " current issuetype = " + issue.type.name)

2. Samip K Banker

Any update on this? we are going live in our project using Exalate mid next week and we are struggling to set this up.  

~Samip

3. André Leroy-Beaulieu Castro

Hi Samip,

Can you try this two things please:

1. Show us how it fails using replica.type.name
        2. Replace your usage of Move.move(...) with Move.move(issue, issue.project.key, replica.type.name, replica.status.name)

If this doesn't seem to work, please open up a support ticket and I will assist you there, and when we get to the bottom of it I will post the final answer here (smile)

Thanks,

André

Andre:

After I added the groovy file I don't see any error but I don't see any transition happening. 

Below is my code in the incoming Sync

..... some code before this.. 

//https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+move+issues+automatically
      if (replica.typeName != issue.type.name)
      {
           //throw new IssueTrackerException("incomming issuetype = " + replica.typeName + " current issuetype = " + issue.type.name)
           Move.move(
           //moveStatusMapping:
           ["Bug workflow" : ["Enhancement workflow" : ["New":"New","On Hold":"On Hold"] ] ],
           true, //sameStatusIfNotInMapping
           issue,
           issue.project.key, // the key of the project where the issue is moved to here
           replica.typeName // the name of the issue type where the issue is moved to
           )
      }
      else
      {
           //do something else
      }

..... some code after this.. 

Do I need to put this code in specific place (top or bottom)? I do see other changes that are being send to are getting added to the issue... but issue type is not being changed. I also don't see error message in the exalate or Jira logs... 

What am I doing wrong?

~Samip

1. Samip K Banker

Any update on this.... we are currently blocked... any help is appreciated. 

~Samip

Hi Samip, 

Here is the Move.groovy script you need to add to your external scripts library (smile)

Thanks,

André

Move.groovy

1. Samip K Banker

Thanks. Let me try that out and let you know if it works.