Hello,

we try to sync Epics from a Jira Server to Jira Cloud.

In the Sync Queue is only to see follolw message: Assign Number and next status Waitung for Response

This try it again and again. 

Under Errors is no Message to see. 

Mew epis are working. For this i have to set follow in the outgoing sync

replica.customFields."10011" = issue.customFields."10006"

only with this entry are the new epic working.

Do you have some Tips for this problem?

BR

Thomas

1. M. Ashar Iqbal

Hi Thomas Weichel ,

Regarding the ASSIGN_NUMBER error, may I please suggest you to disable the STP (Synchronisation Transaction Priority) on your Jira Server Instance?

I have attached a PDF file for instructions to turn off STP.

Or you can log in to the ‘Instance’, open the ‘developer tools’, and in the ‘console’, run this JavaScript snippet.

Note that you will have to insert the URL of your ‘instance’ between the brackets and also delete them after executing the command, you can double check if the STP has been disabled by going to the following request on your browser (new tab):

{URL OF YOUR INSTANCE}/rest/issuehub/4.0/config/feature.syncPriorities

Rest assured that disabling this feature will not impact your Jira or Data in any way. It is an algorithm that prioritises the synchronisation of issues, but the behaviour is not the expected.

Kind regards,
    Ashar

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, the script is already saved at the Jira Server under Jira/Scripts

I have already tried by the outcoming synx the commands epic.forst or how in the scrippe described the order 

Epic.sendEpicFirst() // pollForEpicLinkUpdatesInterval = null

At the Cloud i have by incoming Syc set the command Epic.receive()

Only with this commands was the provlem that the epics gets no name for the customfield and there was every time an error message that no Custom field Name can be created.

If i have set now follow settings: 

Outgoing Sync (Server)

replica.customFields."10011" = issue.customFields."10006"

Incoming sync (cloud)

issue.customFields."Epic Name".value = replica.customFields."10011".value
    Epic.receive() 

The sync with new epics works but with Epics which are already created comes the problem that the sync not work and comes to the message like in the first question descriped

Is it nessecary to use Sciptrunner, too or can normaly exalate run the sync from Jira Server to Cloud with an additional PlugIn?

BR

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

You can try configuring it with the External scripts library. I am sharing two related guides below that you can follow to set it up and see if it works for you.

Epic.groovy (Server)

Epic.groovy (Cloud)

In case you still experience any problem, please do let me know.

Thank you,

Ashar