I have trial version of Exalate plugin two Jira, one Server and another one Cloud version.
Yesterday I've install it to my Jira and make a copy of project in each one.

I have a task to synchronize two projects with each other, so when a task is created in the server Jira, its full copy should be created in the cloud and vice versa. Any update in one of the Jira, these changes should appear in the second Jira.

My questions are:

1. When I try to send issue from cloud to server, I have got an error message "Name or service not known"? My guess - in the server Jira need to make an additional permission to send tasks from the outside?If so, what exactly should I ask my admins to do? What URL is being addressed?

2. When i try to send issue from server to cloud, I have got an error message  Field Affected Users Amount is required.: customfield_10038; Field Components is required.: components; Field Locale is required.: customfield_10060; Field Geo is required.: customfield_10030; Field OS is required.: customfield_10033; Field Detection Date & Time is required.: customfield_10034; Field Device is required.: customfield_10035; Field Browser is required.: customfield_10036.

These are IDs of my required field in cloud Jira but I fill the same fields (same names and values) in server Jira and of course they have other IDs. Is there any way to send values of fields based on same names of fields?

3. After manual testing of integration will issues send automatically? I mean can synchronization be in real time or I should make it only manual?

4. If we handle the errors and will buy Exalate сan we enter into an NDA agreement with you?

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

• Regarding question 1.
        How do you send an issue from cloud to server - can you highlight the steps?

• Regarding question 2
        Did you map the server custom fields to the cloud custom fields?
        This would require additional configuration.
        Note that you require a visual or scripted connection to make this work.  The basic configuration is limited to 4 fields.

• Regarding question 3
        Using triggers you can automate the whole synchronisation operation.

• Regarding question 4
        NDA is an integral part of the EULA.

CommentAdd your comment...