Apologies and potentially as ‘stupid’ question – but I am having issues with the admin ‘owners’ of the JIRA destination instance, who although have setup a connection, are not giving me access on that instance to the Exalate Settings menus, and only very occasional direct support. I have admin access to the other instance (source).  

Is it possible to script translation of data (eg. status, priorities, custom field mapping, and potentially usename format changes) only in the Outgoing scripts - so minimising scripting work needed in the incoming scripts?

Ie. I am able to do it and script it, rather than wait for someone who isn’t convinced and this isn’t their priority!

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Chris,

The outgoing script only allows you to configure the data that will be sent to the destination side. This means populating the replica with all the fields you are interested on sending from your side.

An alternative would be to use Visual Mode that consists on a Single Admin configuration. This means that you can do all the configuration from your side, besides having an easier UI and avoiding scripting.

The only con is that you need to have admin access on the destination side.

CommentAdd your comment...