Hi,

I would to sync the JSD field "Request Participants" with a multi user picker customfield of an Jira Software project like "Additional Customers". 

If anything is changed for "Additional Customers" in Project B the change should be sync with "Request Participants" in Project A (JSM project). 

What do I have to set for outgoing and incoming configuration (script based connection)?

Regards
Bernd

1. Francis Martens (Exalate)

This is an interesting case -

Questions:

• Is this a local connection or a remote connection
    • On Jira cloud or Jira On Premise
    • What is the type of the 'Additional Customers' custom field and can you provide an example
    • How are 'Additional customers' mapped to request participants and what should happen if the additional customer is not found on the JSM
    • Are there any restrictions to be put in place (for instance because you want to avoid that a ticket raised by the FBI, is seen by the CIA)
    • Any other considerations.
  2. Bernd Freitag

Hi Francis,

thank you for your response.

• Is this a local connection or a remote connection
      → the projects are are on the same instance
    • On Jira cloud or Jira On Premise
      → Jira Cloud
    • What is the type of the 'Additional Customers' custom field and can you provide an example
      → the type of customfield "Additional Customers" is "User Picker (multiple users)"
      How are 'Additional customers' mapped to request participants and what should happen if the additional customer is not found on the JSM
      → On our instance all logged users are potentially customers, so every user who I can select in the customfield "Additional Customers" from the Jira Software project should mapped with the users in the JSM field "Request participants" from the JSM project
    • Are there any restrictions to be put in place (for instance because you want to avoid that a ticket raised by the FBI, is seen by the CIA)
      → no restrictions
    • Any other considerations.

Here is my use case in detail:

Project A:
    Jira Servicemanagement project with the JSM field "Request participants"

Project B:
    Jira Software Project where the JSM field is not available and can't be used because it's not a JSM project

• The reporter is already synced between these projects
    • If a customer ticket is shared in project A with other customers (only Jira logged users, not external email addresses allowed), this should be displayed in the synced issue which is from project B
    • Because the JSM field "Request participants" can't be used in a Jira Software project, I need to sync the value of "request participants" into another customfield (→ Additional Customers)
    • If an agent put users in the field "Additional Customers" in project B, this should be also synced into JSM field "Request participants"

Hope this can describe my problem better.

Thank you!
    Bernd

CommentAdd your comment...