How to sync Epic and Issues in Epic from Jira cloud to Jira On-premise.

I checked the below two articles and i am trying to sync Epic but not the Issues in Epic.

https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+sync+epics+in+Jira+Cloud

Is there anybody can help me with this.

Thanks

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hello Yogesh Mude ,

For Jira on-premise side you will need to download and integrate Epic.groovy file in to your system.
      * https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/x/oAF1Aw 
      And for the Jira Cloud, this script is already integrated.

In the both cases, please add "Epic Colour" field on the screens used by Epic issue type in the projects that you want to sync.

With best regards,
      Dmitrij

1. Yogesh Mude

HI Dmitrij POPOV 

Thank you for the response.

I have added the Epic.groovy file to Jira_Home/scripts directory on the Jira server-side. When I tried to add Epic.receive() in the Jira server incoming sync it does not allow me to publish the changes. 

1. Do i need to add Epic.receive() method incoming sync Jira server?
        2. Do i need to add Epic.send() method outgoing sync Jira cloud?
        3. Also do i need to map the Epic Name field in both Jira Cloud and Jira server ...outgoing n incoming sync?

After adding Epic.groovy file to Jira server, still the Issues in Epic of Jira cloud are not linked to Epic in Jira server

Can you please provide me a little explanation on the same?

Thank You.

Yogesh

2. Yogesh Mude

Francis Martens (Exalate)  or team can anybody help me on this.

3. Dmitrij POPOV

Hello Yogesh Mude ,

Here are the answers:
        1. Yes, "Epic.receive()" Method shall be present in the Incoming script on the receiving side.
        2. Yes, "Epic.send()" Method shall be present in the Outgoing script on the sending side.
        3. No, you do not need to do that. It is already included in Epic.groovy script.

The only thing that you might have TO DO, is to add "Epic Colour" field on the both sides, to assure the correct synchronisation.

To sync the issues in the Epic from Jira Cloud side, these issues need to be synced to Jira Server side as well. If the issues in Epic on Jira Cloud side are not from the same Jira Project and your Epic, please make sure to sync them as well with your Jira on-premise First.

With best regards,
        Dmitrij

4. Yogesh Mude

Hello Dmitrij POPOV ,

Thank you for the response.

I have added the Epic Color field on the Epic screen for both Jira Cloud and the on-premise instance project, but when i tried to add Epic.receive() in the incoming script on the receiving side(Jira on-premise) its giving me an error. (snapshot attached)

Also, the Epic & issues in epic from Jira cloud side are synced to Jira on-premise but the issues in Epic are not linked to Epic. Issue snapshot attached from both Jira cloud & on-premise.

Please check and let me know.

Thanks

5. Yogesh Mude

After adding the Epic.groovy file to the server, it solves.

CommentAdd your comment...