I want to sync the comments between a Jira Software project and a Jira Service Management project.

• All comments which will be posted in JSM project should be sync to Jira Software issue
  • All comments which will be posted in Jira Software should be sync to JSM project as internal comment
  • To post a public comment over the Jira Software Project I want to use a transition. Via the transition "contact customer" the comment which will be posted in this transition screen should be sync as an public comment to the JSM project. If this is not possible, how can I sync a customfield content to the comment field. My idea is that the agent a customfield on Jira software site and the content of this customfield will be posted as public comment in JSM project

Thanks a lot!

1. Destri Weir

Did you get bullet item 2 "All comments which will be posted in Jira Software should be sync to JSM project as internal comment" to work correctly?

I am trying to do the same, and I cannot get it to work correctly. 

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Destri Weir 

Is this Jira Cloud or Jira On Premise?
    Can you consider to use comment restrictions.  For instance - if the JSD comment needs to be shared publicly, change the comment restriction from the default to 'Public'

The logic to make a customer facing comment can then be implemented in the incoming sync on the JSD side.

1. Destri Weir

Francis Martens (Exalate) Jira Cloud. I asked a question here with more detail: Issue adding comments and internal; internal comments appear in customer portal. Basically all comments from Jira to Service Desk are coming through as external, and I want them to be internal (so that they are visible in the Service Desk project, but not on the customer portal). I included my script in the linked question (I referred to the documentation, but all comments are still visible in the customer portal). I'm sure it's a minor syntax issue, and it's definitely user error, but I can't seem to figure it out. 

CommentAdd your comment...