CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Robert Horan ,

Exalate always works the same, independent from the connection.
      Check the video How does Exalate work which tries to explain the behind the scene.

So for your question - On the Jira side, you can collect all the worklogs, and include them in the message sent 'to the other side', whatever this side is.

On the other side, in the incoming sync, you can process that information in any way required by the use case.
      What are you looking for to apply

1. Robert Horan

Hi Francis Martens (Exalate)  - thank you.  I appreciate all of your help, and I apologize for asking questions that may seem somewhat basic.  The reason I asked is because I saw the following thread: 
        Is it possible to map the "Worklog" from Jira Cloud to "Time worked" to ServiceNow?

This had not been updated in over a year, and it looked to me as though it was unresolved.

So it's as simple as using an outgoing sync statement like:

replica.workLogs = issue.workLogs

and then in SN use an incoming statement like:

incident.task_time_worked = replica.workLogs

with no transformation?

2. Francis Martens (Exalate)

(Yea - I know about these unresponded questions we are looking at another community platform which allows for managing these questions in a better way)

Anyway - regarding

incident.task_time_worked = replica.workLogs

This will not work.  The worklogs need to be added to the appropriate table ...not sure which one this is.

3. Robert Horan

Thanks!  That's good to know.  This is one area where I could stand to learn more, and I venture others might as well.   Its not always clear as to what is needed to make some of these mappings work between systems.  The documentation might be there but I find that I don't know what I should be looking for at times, and then when I find a document, due to a lack of a groovy background, I don't always know how best to take that information and apply it to my particular situation. 

CommentAdd your comment...