Hi,

i have a zd<>Jira connection.

i need the jira's description to take on the last comment from ZD, at the time of first sync only. 

can you advise a script?

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

It is easy to get the last comment from the comment array using following snippet in the outgoing sync on the zendesk side

def lastComment = issue.comments?.getAt(-1)
      replica.description =  lastComment
      // use next to check the result of the statement - this generates an error.debug.error("Replica description = ${replica.description}")
      1. Francis Martens (Exalate)

You might also be interested in  only send the comment set from the moment of the exalate

It is an advanced configuration with a message dance to store a local value.

2. ben friedman

thanks Francis,

i've added that and now getting an error on the Jira side - 

Internal comments cannot be processed. The reason is: Request Type custom field is required, but not set..

ive tried to set the following, but to no success -

on["""avo"""].issue.customFields."Customer Request Type".value = "Customer Support request"

3. ben friedman

Hi Francis, i've followed the guide, and now have the below, but it still produces an error:

if (firstSync) {
            on["""avo"""].issue.customFields."Request Type".value = "Customer Support request"
        }

on["""avo"""].description =  lastComment
        // use next to check the result of the statement - this generates an error.
        debug.error("Replica description = ${replica.description}")

4. Ariel Aguilar

Hi there,

Let me help here, I checked on the logs and found the error:

"Caused by: com.exalate.api.exception.script.IssueTrackerScriptException: Replica description = סתם מידע"

So, you need to do the following to make it work:

if (firstSync) {
            on["""avo"""].issue.customFields."Request Type".value = "Customer Support request"
        }
        on["""avo"""].issue.description =  lastComment

The word "issue" on the last line was missed before. Try out and let me know.

Kind regards,

Ariel

CommentAdd your comment...