How to get the reference value instead of sys id from the catalog task variables in ServiceNow? e.g. in the requested by variable, I am getting sys id instead of user's name. Code I am using is  

catalogTask.request_item = nodeHelper.getReference("sys_user", "sys_id", ${sys_id})?.sys_id

replica.variables      = buildVariablesMap(catalogTask.request_item.display_value)

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Thanks Francis.

So I adjusted my code and got the name and assigned it to my Requested By variable. Below is the code for someone's reference.

def all = replica.variables.get("Requested by")    
      name = user.get("name")
      fullName = user.get("name")
      replica.variables.("Requested by") = fullName

As a side note -

Following code segment looks up a user, dereferences the found value and extracts the sysid (the .sys_id)

catalogTask.request_item = nodeHelper.getReference("sys_user", "sys_id", sys_id)?.sys_id

Assigning it catalogTask.request_item is possible but is semantical incorrect

debug.error("user = ${nodeHelper.getReference("sys_user", "sys_id", sys_id)}")
        1. Archita Gupta

By adding below line, I get error.

debug.error("user = ${nodeHelper.getReference("sys_user", "sys_id", ${sys_id})}")
          ERROR:
          Caused by: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.$() is applicable for argument types: (Script320$_run_closure1) values:
        2. Francis Martens (Exalate)

The reason is that ${xxx} is only work in the context of a string.
          Please change it to xxx ...

3. Archita Gupta

Unfortunately, I get this error now:

Caused by: javax.script.ScriptException: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: sys_id for class

This is the code:

catalogTask.request_item = nodeHelper.getReference("sys_user", "sys_id", sys_id)?.sys_id
           debug.error("user = ${nodeHelper.getReference("sys_user", "sys_id", sys_id)}")

4. Francis Martens (Exalate)

you will have to replace the undefined variable 'sys_id' with the variable which contains the sys_id.