I would like to synch two JIRA projects in two different instances. Assume the following:

1. Instance A and Instance B has same configuration and Instance B has subset of projects as in Instance A.
  2. Both the instances are synching same user base hence will have same set of users.
  3. Probably both the instances will have similar plugins as well.

The idea is to have a replica system available with some critical projects so that in case of unavailability of Main Instance (A), Instance B continues to serve the users of critical projects. And the moment Instance A is available, all the changes made during that period in Instance B are Synched back to Instance A.

In normal course, Instance A will continuously push all the changes to Instance B in those designated projects.

Questions:

1. Will the changes of Create/Update/Comment appear on the name of Proxy User or the Real user who made the change?
  2. I see that for comments you can script the impersonation and make them appear on the name of original user, can it be done for all the operations?
  3. Can we mirror the whole instance or only some projects?
  4. Is there a better way to handle/implement the above scenario where in the two instances become seamless?
  1. Daniel Carvajal

Hi Pranjal

Ill try to address your questions

1. Will the changes of Create/Update/Comment appear on the name of Proxy User or the Real user who made the change?
      A/ Yes By default, Exalate adds a comment, received from the other side on behalf of the proxy user. However you can implement a method to impersonate comments adding the following configuration: https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/x/owCe

2. I see that for comments you can script the impersonation and make them appear on the name of original user, can it be done for all the operations?
      A/Can you be more clear on what kind of operations you refer to?

3. Can we mirror the whole instance or only some projects?
      A/Yes, you can mirror the whole instance but when a connection is setup Exalate will ask which project to connect to, it is advisable to have a separate connection for each project. 
    4. Is there a better way to handle/implement the above scenario where in the two instances become seamless?
      A/For such use case I believe that the proposed is the best solution, a unidirectional connection that carries a mirror of the origin instance and Exalate will carry the sync operation necessary between both instances.

Hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,

Daniel

CommentAdd your comment...