I would like to use the Unexalate function in my workflow rules and have looked everywhere following the documentation here: Unexalate operation - Exalate Documentation - Exalate Documentation (idalko.com)

But I can't find this function anywhere in neither the classic project nor in the next-gen project workflow editor in Jira Cloud.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Ben

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Benjamin Kiene 

I am not sure I understand the question correctly: you are not able to locate the Unexalate now post function in the list? 

In case you have hard times finding the correct menu in Jira, please follow the next steps:

1. Select  > Issues.
      2. Click Workflows and then Edit for the relevant workflow.
      3. Select the transition:
        • In diagram mode, select the transition arrow.
        • In text mode, select the transition's name from the Transitions (id) column.
      4. Open the post functions tab:
        • In diagram mode, click Post functions in the properties panel to show the triggers configured for the transition.
        • In text mode, select the Post functions tab.
      5. Click Add post function.
      6. Add the post function and choose Publish Draft to finalize your changes.

When you click Add post function you can choose from the available post functions, and set any necessary parameters. Options for editing or deleting a post function, and for changing the execution order, are at the right of the tab (hover there to see them).

Hope this helps!

Mariia

1. Benjamin Kiene

Hi Mariia Horbatiuk,

that helped to find it for company-managed projects, yes, thank you very much!

I'm using a team-managed project though. Would you happen to know whether and where it is available there?

Thank you,

Ben

2. Benjamin Kiene

Hi Mariia Horbatiuk,

Any update?

Does that mean that there is no way to Unexalate after a transition in a team-managed projects or is there any other way to initiate an Unexalate for a sync item in Jira Cloud`? Maybe through the sync rules?

CommentAdd your comment...