I'm trying to get the current value of a field of the issue I'm going to sync to in an incoming sync in ServiceNow, because I want to compare it with the value that is coming in from the other (source) side.

I tried to use incident.assigned_to, as this is what I would use to set the new value, so I thought it might contain the old value before that. But it seems to only work in one direction.

Is there any other way I can do that?

1. Ariel Aguilar

Hi Benjamin, 

It depends on the actual field type / name. For example, if you are syncing "Assignee" this should work:

if(entityType == "incident") {
      incident.assigned_to = nodeHelper.getUserByEmail(replica.assignee?.email)?.key  
    }

Or you can receive a customField value as an example:

if(entityType == "incident") {
      incident.assigned_to = replica.customFields."Jira Field Name"?.value
    }

Kind regards,

Ariel

2. Benjamin Kiene

Thank you, Ariel, for your feedback, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I wanted the current value of the destination before applying the source to it and it seems like

oldValue = incident.assigned_to

doesn't do it.

The only idea that I could come up with is to use the nodeHelper.getReference function to get the current value of the destination record. Like so:

currentAssignedTo = nodeHelper.getReference("incident", "number", incidentNumer).assigned_to.value

newAssignedTo = nodeHelper.getUserByEmail(replica.assignee?.email)?.key

// Now I can do something like

if (currentAssignedTo != newAssignedTo) {
    	//do something here
    }

I haven't tested it yet, but I'm pretty sure that should work.

Or does anybody know a better way to get this current value of the destination?

3. Ariel Aguilar

Hi Ben,

This is good.

Kind regards,

Ariel

CommentAdd your comment...