Hi,

In the Jira issue detailed view i can see the linked issues as 'Exalated with' but when i filter the issues and add them to the Jira dashboard the Link field value is empty. How to show them in the Dashboard?

Thanks,

Shiva

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi Shiva, 

I understand, then the solution I can offer you is using our EventListener external script, the way this works is since you don't have sync from Internal to External Jira, you want the external Jira to "listen" to syncs from the external to the internal and do something in return. 

First of all, you're going to need to download this external script, save it as ExalateEventListener.groovy and upload it to your external scripts folder: https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/ExalateEventListener.groovy

Here's a guide on how to add external scripts to your external scripts folder: https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/External+scripts+library

After that, you need in the data filter (outgoing script) of the Internal jira, the following line:

replica.key  = issue.key

After this, you should the following code to the data filter (outgoing script) of your External jira, replacing the name of the custom field to the actual name of the custom field where you want to save the remote issue key:

ExalateEventListener.hangListener(
       connection,
       { String localIssueKey, String remoteIssueKey, localIssue, remoteIssue ->
      localIssue.customFields."Name of the Custom fields".value = remoteIssueKey
       }
      )

This should save the remote issue key in a custom Field in your External Jira's issue, which then you can show in your issue's detailed view.

Thanks,

André

1. Shiva

Hi André,

Thanks for this workaround but cannot we simply create a trigger based on JQL in internal Jira and sync back to external Jira? As i already defined them in the Sync rules i just need a trigger to sync from Internal to external. That's what i tried in the first place. I created trigger to start the sync when the issue is created in internal Jira but it dint work. 

Thanks,

Shiva

2. André Leroy-Beaulieu Castro

Hi Shiva!

The reason a trigger in the internal Jira wouldn't work is because Exalate triggers work in a way that they ignore the creation of issues done by Exalate, this is because we don't want an Exalate creation of an issue to trigger a synchronization back because this could in turn trigger another Exalate trigger in the External Jira to trigger another synchronization and would basically leave you in an infinite loop.

Let me know if the solution I provided before is something you're willing to implement (smile)

Thanks,

André

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for raising this community question! 

The problem with the issue link not showing in the issue's detailed view is because of a Jira limitation that doesn't differentiate between Issue Links and Web Links, the link that is created by Exalate between two issues is actually a Web Link, not an Issue Link, which is why it isn't shown in the "Links" tab of the detailed view.

A workaround for this problem could be to save the Linked issue's name, for example "PS-8625 - null" or even the linked issue's URL inside a custom Field, then showing that custom Field in the detailed view.

Let me know if this workaround works for you!

Thanks,

André

1. Shiva

Hi André,

We already have a custom field in External Jira to store the issue key of the remote issue(internal jira issue key) but we only sync from external to internal so the custom field in the External Jira is not populated with the PS key(internal Jira issue key). I tried to creating trigger in internal but it dint trigger and custom field is not updated in the External jira. 

The trigger i used is 'created>= -1m' so every time i exalate a issue that will create a ticket in internal site and then it will trigger the sync so the external Jira issue custom value is updated with internal ticket key. But its not working.

Can you suggest how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Shiva