Hi, I want to extract Error and other data from Exalate for use in a de-sync report in Power BI.

Which data connection should I best use?

Is it easier to use SQL and if so could a SQL Query be passed over to me?

If SQL is the right way to get data could you let me know what columns and rows to select to retrieve Errors and Error message descriptions?

Thanks,

James  

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi James Lindsay

Error information is not persisted once resolved.  Would you like to know how many errors happened over the course of time?

1. James Lindsay

Hi Francis Martens (Exalate) its for issues that currently have error messages on them so more of a live view, then when the errors are resolved they will clear from our PBI report.

2. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Ah - The errors are all contained on _ERROR, so the SQL approach seems  the way to go.
        I have never used Power BI before, not sure what the capabilities are.

3. James Lindsay

Thanks Francis, do you have any documentation in ways to export/retrieve the Exalate data or any suggested methods.

Thanks

4. Francis Martens (Exalate)

These are plain tables in the Jira database. Retrieving the data  can be done with a straightforward sql statement 

5. James Lindsay

Thanks francis, can you point me in the direction on how to get started ie how to access the Jira database to retrieve the tables? and if you have any Docs and sample scripts to extract data.

Thanks.

6. Francis Martens (Exalate)

The access to the database depends on the type of database, security settings.  This is to wide to put in a comment box.  Can you check with your database administrator for the details?

The tables of Exalate all start with A0_08F1AF
        The error table is A0_08F1AF_ERROR

CommentAdd your comment...