Hi there,

I am running the following infrastructure: A Jira Service Management instance A running on Server X and a Jira Software instance running on server Y. I would like to implement the following use case:

• Given: An issue I is synchronized between A and B
  • When: An attachment is added to the copy of I on B
  • Then: The attachment is synchronized to A but NOT presented to the customer (internal attachment).

I had a look at your documentation here (https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+synchronize+attachments+in+Jira+Server ), but I could not find a matching sync rule. For is it is crucial that these attachments are not presented to the customer before being released by a service agent at A.

I know that there is a function to treat comments as internal. Does something similar exist for attachments?

// For comments not attachments
issue.comments = commentHelper.mergeComments(issue, replica, {it.internal = true})

Cheers,

Paul

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hello Paul, 

Thank you for the wait. 

I'm afraid this functionality is limited by Jira. Could you please elaborate more on what you mean by internal attachment? Can you add such internal attachment to your Jira and then make it public?

regards,

Mariia

1. Paul Schmidt

Hello Mariia Horbatiuk ,

When you manually add an attachment to a Jira Service Management issue, you have got the option to share the comment and, therefore, the attachment to a customer (option: Share with customer) or to keep it internally (option: Add to issue only).

The difference can be seen from the perspective of a service agent:

When an attachment is added to an exalated remote issue on a Jira Server (not Jira Service Management), and I use the following sync rule on the destination side, the attachment gets shared with the customer (no internal flag). I need to have it internal (as if I clicked Add to issue only on the screen above).

//add all new attachments as listed in the replica and remove all attachments from the issue which have been removed in the remote issue
        issue.attachments = attachmentHelper.mergeAttachments(issue, replica)

I hope this helps to understand my issue.

2. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Hi Paul, 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it boils down to have the comment which references the attachment is added as internal.

That way - the attachment will not show on the portal.

Let me know

Francis

3. Paul Schmidt

Hi Francis Martens (Exalate) ,

Yes it's true, the comment would need to be internal. I am not sure if this is enough to hide the attachment itself from the customer. We would need to try this out.

4. Paul Schmidt

In fact, the attachment is kept private as long as it is not mentioned in a public comment.

CommentAdd your comment...