Hi Guys, 

I have trouble here that we followed the instruction Exalate told us to write the code on both the sending side and receiving side as attached.

1. the ticket can be sync up.
2. the ticket can not sync up the related issue link( all of them are sync up too).
3. we try to sync up the ticket which carried the issue links saved in a given ticket between 2 projects. 

Scenario:

I was trying to sync up a ticket that had been linked with another ticket in another project. For instance, I sync up a ticket-1 in Parent Project A to Receiver project B. And it works just fine.

But sometimes, a ticket in parent project A will link issues in some other project too. And we need to know is there any way that we can make it work to sync up tickets in parent project A with issue link in project C to receiver project B.

Can anyone here please help?

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Is the challenge to sync also the issue from project C?

1. Francis Martens (Exalate)

You will have to construct a trigger which selects the issues from C.

• Is this server or cloud
        • do you have the ability to select issues based on the linktype (such as scriptrunner or similar)

2. allenhsieh

Hi Francis,
        1.  this is cloud to sever scenario 
        2.  don't follow your meaning here

3. Francis Martens (Exalate)

>  do you have the ability to select issues based on the linktype (such as scriptrunner or similar)

• The challenge is to exalate the issues from project C from the moment that these are linked to an issue in project A
        • A JQL needs to be found that can select these issues  (from project C)
        • Script runner has such capability, but maybe there are other possibilities

4. allenhsieh

Hi Francis, 

So do you need me to paste the whole process here for you to evaluate which method that you recommend the most?

For example, the project trigger rule, issue type, and actual Jira ticket?

5. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Hi allenhsieh

No - you need to find a way to select the issues which needs to be exalated, and use that approach to trigger the process.

One approach is using the issuefunction of ScriptRunner (look it up), but there might be other ways.

CommentAdd your comment...