Hello,

I  have deactivated the connections on both sides of the sync, but wanted to keep the links.  Exalate still attempts to sync the changes.  Is there a way to stop syncing while keeping the links active?

Regards,

Ziad

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Hi,

Francis Martens (Exalate) Yes I do mean the issue link created by Exalate.  I only had the Sync Panel Link turned on and I just changed the connection to use both the panel and remote issue link.

The current version we are using is 5.0.2-j8.

Disabling the connection does not stop attempting to sync if the sync panel link is turned on.  Thus, would only keeping the remote link disable attempting syncing the issues?

Lara LGit is my understanding the the remote issue link will stay even if we delete the connection, so not sure if we need a separate field.  Is that correct?

Since I just turned on the remote issue link, how would get all issues updated to show the remote issue link?

Regards,

Ziad

1. Francis Martens (Exalate)
        • There is no option to create the exalate issue links automatically for historic issues.
          We also have nothing in the roadmap to implement such a feature as it is too specific.
          You might consider auto creating these using a ScriptRunner script or similar?

• Disabling the connection does not stop attempting to sync
          Until version 5.1, sync events are still collected for disabled connections.  This design choice was made to ensure that all issues under sync could continue the sync once that the connection is enabled again.

In version 5.1, we changed that behaviour as many people (like you) were confused about it, and the general expectation is that disabled connections stop syncing.

I hope this answers your questions?

2. Ziad Qadora

I have upgrade to 5.1, thank you for your feedback

Ziad Qadora

a) When referring to links - do you mean the issue links created by exalate?

b) When deactivating the connection - syncing must stop.  What version of the exalate do you have on either side?

I do not think so Ziad, as the links are part of the syncing. If there is a link it means it is synced. They only way for you to solve this would be to copy the link information into a custom field to keep track of it. But it the link is there it means the connection is also there.