We want to sync a Task from instance 1 to instance 2 and then make this task to a subtask of another ticket in instance 2. And from now on no more syncing is possible.

1. Serhiy Onyshchenko

Hello, SDGTLS.
    Quick question: what should be the parent task of the sub-task on instance 2?
    I mean is it always the same parent task, or is it somehow inferred from the task of instance 1?
    Or maybe you wish to configure Exalate such that once the issue is synced from instance 1 to instance 2 it's synced as a parent task, but then some user has to manually convert it into a sub-task?

2. SDGTLS

The parent task will be a separate Task in instance 2. We use that parent task as a container to group tickets for example for a support retainer.

3. SDGTLS

Just a very quick drawing of what we need

4. Serhiy Onyshchenko

Thanks for the explanation and the drawing SDGTLS , just to clarify: is it a requirement that Exalate syncs the issue from instance 1 to instance 2 as a Task so that a user manually converts the task on instance 2 to sub-task, or would it be fine, if Exalate creates the issue on instance 2 as a sub-task on step 1?

5. SDGTLS

"is it a requirement that Exalate syncs the issue from instance 1 to instance 2 as a Task so that a user manually converts the task on instance 2 to sub-task" yes it is

"is it a requirement that Exalate syncs the issue from instance 1 to instance 2 as a Task so that a user manually converts the task on instance 2 to sub-task" sadly not because at this point we sometimes don't know if there is a Parenttask

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hello, SDGTLS, I've set the following config on my 2 cloud Jiras:

and

note, that instead of an issue type rule, I have this scripted rule:

if (firstSync) {
      DGTLS_i2.issue.typeName = "Task"  
    }

which instructs Exalate to set issue type only once during the first sync, and then skip this rule for any subsequent sync (so Exalate won't try to convert the issue back to task after the first sync).

Here's a video, showing, how this works: 

Please, let me know if this is the config you were looking for.
    P.S. if it is, please don't forget to upvote and accept.
    Regards, Serhiy

Worked perfect! Thanks a lot!