The Problem:

We have a Jira instance with Exalate installed there. We use it to synchronize issues between two remote Jira instances.

We have another Jira instance from which we get regularly some backup datas. This backup is restored in the above mentionned instance. However the backup does not have Exalate. Therefore after the restoration, the Exalate configuration is lost.

How we backup and restore Exalate configuration so that we Can apply that restoration after the General restore has finished running.

The Options we have been thinking About:

• Create Backup Restore SQL scripts
  • Reverse engineer the backup file to directly include Exalate configuration informations

Both Options seem risky to me, so any other Suggestion is welcome and will be seriously considered.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Ah - that is a good question.
      What type of database do you have?

1. Alain Lompo

We are using Postgres 9.6

2. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Hi Alain Lompo

I created a small script to dump all the exalate related tables from a postgres which is running in container.

Check the code here

Note that this list contains a couple of tables which are related to the upcoming release of the visual script rule editor - so you might have to skip them.

By creating the dump sql, you can then import it into your other environment

Let me know if it helps

Francis

3. Alain Lompo

Thank you Francis. I will look into it.

4. Alain Lompo

Francis, I have used the script that you have provided and I have also built a second one to restore the tables in the target instance. Build and restore are working fine, nevertheless the plugin does not appear as installed in my Jira instance in the "App Management" section.

In my opinion there must be some additionnal metadatas that should be also similarly imported. There is probably an extra configuration tables through which Jira administrates the plugins and there statuses (installed, deinstalled, deleted, ...). What do you think about it?

5. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Is the add-on available on the configuration?

6. Alain Lompo

I have not understood your question. Do you mean do I see the add-on infos in the backups? Yes. Or I am backup-ing from an instance where the add-on is installed and configured? yes.

7. Francis Martens (Exalate)

From your comment, I reckon that the addon is not visible in the manage apps section.
        Is this correct?

CommentAdd your comment...