I'm trying to sync a Jira server instance with a Jira cloud instance. Both use the same workflow with nearly identical validators. Any status transition in the Server that requires a comment will produce an error "Comment field required" in the Cloud. I've checked the incoming sync - the comment is included in the replica and I have mergeComments working in the incoming sync (works fine when there is no status change).

I've also tried using the commentHelper to add a manual comment for the transitions that require a comment but am getting the same error.

Is there something I can do to somehow 'tie' these comments to the transition so Jira knows to use it for the status change? This is working fine in the Server (transition in the Cloud that requires a comment syncs fine in the Server which also has comment as a required field).

Any help would be appreciated!

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi!

Normally when you have a transition validator, you can select Jira groups exempt from the validator:

If you select the "atlassian-addons-admin"  then exalate will be able to perform the transition. 

Would this work for you?

CommentAdd your comment...