We have 5 request types in our jira service desk. we want them to be mapped with a project or a label or any other field that can be easy to identify and connect.

We want the synchronization to happen when the issue is completed in the other instance. Currently, it creates an issue in service desk as soon as the issue is created in Jira.

Details: We have our clients having their approval process inside their jira instance. They discuss it internally and send the requests to us once they are approved by the department leads. Currently, they are creating these issues manually coming into our Jira service desk portal. we want this process to be automated with exalate.

A marketing issue is created in Jira, it goes through several discussions and finally transitions to the approved stage which is the last stage in their workflow.

We then want the issue to be created in our service desk portal as a marketing request type. We work on it as a technology company and implement the marketing changes they requested for. There are few other request types as this one which relates to other parts of the business.

Can you guys help me with this use case, how do I initiate the connection such that the request type field is some how associated with a field in the client's jira instance and gets automatically sent to us on approval.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

For the first part, I created a trigger. The query for the ticket to be created is Project = 'XX' AND Status = 'Completed'

I don't know how to create the issue as a Marketing request type

CommentAdd your comment...