Hello! 

I’m experiencing an issue with our Exalate sync setup between ADO and Salesforce where the State field from ADO does not sync over to the Salesforce record Status during the initial connection. It only appears after the State has been modified post-connection, rather than on the first sync.

Our setup is designed to connect existing records without creating duplicates in ADO by marking them accordingly. So, we then need to Connect the items within ADO through the Exalate panel.

We currently have mapping State to a Status field in Salesforce. That's why you see State (ADO) → Status (SF)

Here is the relevant portion of our ADO Outgoing script:

/* ADO OUTGOING */
replica.key = workItem.key;
replica.assignee = workItem.assignee;
replica.status = workItem.state;
replica.substate = workItem.substate;
replica.project = workItem.project;
replica.areaPath = workItem.areaPath;
replica.iterationPath = workItem.iterationPath;
replica.AddedToSprintDate__c = workItem."Custom.AddedtoSprintDate";
replica.AddedToReleaseDate__c = workItem.customFields."Added To Release Date";
replica.ReleaseNotes__c = workItem.customFields."Release Notes";
replica.attachments = entity.attachments;

And here is the key portion of our Salesforce Incoming script:

// Salesforce Incoming
if(firstSync){
    entity.entityType = "TechItem__c";
}
if(entity.entityType == "TechItem__c"){
    entity.UniqueKey__c = replica.key;
    entity.Status__c = replica.status?.name;
    entity.Assignee__c = replica.assignee?.displayName;
}

The goal is to have the State from ADO appear on the connected Salesforce record Status on the initial Connection, but it currently only updates after a State change in ADO. I’d appreciate any guidance on possible adjustments to ensure the State field in ADO transfers over the Status on the initial Connection/Sync.

Thank you in advance for your help! I'm sure this is likely something simple I'm missing. I just haven't had luck with the testing I've performed. 

CommentAdd your comment...