On the Azure DevOPS' side I have this Incoming Sync script

// Sending Time Data from JIRA
issue.timeSpent = replica.timeSpent
issue.originalEstimate = replica.originalEstimate

On the JIRA Outgoing side ...

// Add the time tracking information to the datafilter
replica.timeSpent = issue.timeSpent
replica.originalEstimate = issue.originalEstimate

This is not doing ANYTHING in the DevOPS side, not even giving an error.  What am I doing wrong?
I have reviewed documentation found here https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+synchronize+Time+tracking but cant see that ive done anything weird

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hello.  Not sure if you have an answer for this.  I just started playing with Azure/Jira sync.  I am able to get time sync from Jira to Azure.  If you are getting from Azure to Jira, I would love some assistance on what you have scripted.

Here is what I came up with

Outgoing Jira:

// Add the time tracking information to the datafilter
      replica.timeSpent = issue.timeSpent
      replica.originalEstimate = issue.originalEstimate
      replica.remainingEstimate = issue.remainingEstimate

Incoming script to Azure

//Time Tracking
      if(replica.originalEstimate) {
      workItem."Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.OriginalEstimate" = (replica.originalEstimate as Double)/3600
      }
      if(replica.remainingEstimate) {
      workItem."Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.RemainingWork" = (replica.estimate as Double)/3600
      }
      if(replica.timeSpent) {
      workItem."Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.CompletedWork" = (replica.spent as Double)/3600
      }

Seems the documentation here isn't as direct as we could hope for.  I had to piece this together trial and error and I think I got a hint from a community post.

Hope that helps.

1. Francis Martens (Exalate)

We agree - the documentation can be improved a lot on providing better hints but before creating the wrong expectations - it can only go that far.  The community site is a much better way to document approaches of the near infinite number of use cases that exalate can be used for.

CommentAdd your comment...