Our client uses Azure DevOPS to log tickets, which are then sync'd to our JIRA service desk using Exalate.

In DevOPS, an outgoing sync has been defined for customfield

replica.customFields."Acceptance Criteria" = issue.customFields."Acceptance Criteria"

In JIRA an Incoming sync has been defined for the customField as follows

issue.customFields."10500".value = replica.customFields."Acceptance Criteria"

... however, nothing is populating in JIRA. The field is not updated at all.

We then changed it to ...

issue.customFields."10500".value = replica.customFields."Acceptance Criteria"?:""

... which then blanks the field in JIRA, so we definitely have the right JIRA field.

In discussion with Roman from support, we tried another variation ...

replica.customFields."Acceptance Criteria" = workItem.customFields."Acceptance Criteria"

and in the Incoming rule on Jira side

issue.customFields."10500".value = replica.customFields."Acceptance Criteria".value

... this also did not work, and resulted in Sync errors.

Support then came back to me saying ...

"I have asked around regarding your case. Acceptance Criteria field is not a custom field it is specific to User Story Type in Azure. This is not supported by exalate yet. I need need to check with my Canadian colleagues on is there a chance that this will be supported in the future and will get back to you later in the day."

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hey Charlie Schonken

Acceptance Criteria is a HTML field that is specific for User Type Story issue type on Azure side. In order to sync it you would need to send it from the Azure side:

Outgoing sync:

replica.AcceptanceCriteria    = nodeHelper.stripHtml(workItem."Microsoft.VSTS.Common.AcceptanceCriteria")

Incoming on the Jira Cloud side should be

issue.customFields."10500".value = replica.AcceptanceCriteria

Let me know how it goes

1. Charlie Schonken

Perfect!  Works like a bomb.

CommentAdd your comment...