Currently I'm working on a ServiceNow - Jira Cloud synchronization with Exalate. I have a question about the mapping so I would like to help some support.
Is it possible to map the "Worklog" from Jira Cloud to "Time worked" to ServiceNow? I can not find a working example in the documentations.
If it is a supported function, could you please send me a sample script?
Thank you very much!

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

For a starter - check out some examples in the documentation site here.

If you want to synchronize anything with Exalate you need to

1. Ensure that the information you want to sync is included in the message from cloud to snow

// use this to include the Jira worklogs into the replica.
        // Note - these are jira worklogs and not tempo worklogs
        replica.workLogs = issue.workLogs
      2. Ensure that the information is applied to the ServiceNow side

What is the type of 'Time Worked'   _ should it contain the sum of timespent on the jcloud node?
      1. Gabor Tavali

Hey Francis,

Thanks for the answer! This field (Time worked) relates to an incident and as I see the type is incident.task_time_worked.
        I'd like to sync the list of work logs with each records from jcloud to that entity in Snow.

2. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Thats a good one.
        Needs to be investigated what the best approach is, but currently not supported in Exalate for ServiceNow

3. Francis Martens (Exalate)

A feature request has been added to the backlog  If you raise an issue on our support portal (here), we'll keep you updated about the completion.

In the mean time - can you proceed with capturing the total time spent?

4. Gabor Tavali

Is it a supported option? In Jira there is a simple work log feature but in SNOW you can add types to the log eg. billable hours or not. For that reason it's a must-have requirement for us but in a pilot version I think a total time spent could work.

Otherwise, is a deeper mapping an option in Exalate by script? I mean can I iterate through the Jira log records and set each field of the log entity to the target fields in the SNOW entity as long as the feature will not be ready?

5. Francis Martens (Exalate)

There is the getTableByName

It is a precursor of a set of generic methods to CRUD data into various tables.  This feature is on the backlog (amongst others (smile)

Native support for timetracking information makes sense as this is already supported on other platforms.

When would you get out of Pilot phase?

6. Gabor Tavali

I'm gonna check the getTableByName and other options as well!

The pilot phase will start in July, no later than 1st August.

7. Robert Horan

Francis Martens (Exalate)  - hello, I see this has not been updated in some time.  Is this confirmed as possible?

CommentAdd your comment...