I followed the KB 

https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+synchronize+tasks+and+subtasks 

I have sync the parent issue before the subtasks as requested to in the kb

Got this error: 

Cannot get property 'value' on null object. Error line: Script212.groovy:12

Just remembering that I didnt change anything on Script212.groovy
Jira Server side is in 7.12 version
Exalate is in version 4.6.0-j7

Putting this information because I´m not authorized to upgrade anything if no evidence is provided.
  1. Francis Martens (Exalate)
    • Is it the incoming or outgoing processor
      (Check Error Type)

• Can you provide the corresponding processor - especially line 12 ...
CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi!

The error is claiming that you cannot get property "value" from a null object (this is happening in line 12 of either you incoming or outgoing script). What this means is that in that line you are doing

${expression}.value

On something that is empty. The reason of why the expression is empty depends of the expression it self but in many cases it is because

• You expect something from the other side (replica variable) to be there but it was not received
    • You are trying to access the value of a local custom field but you are using the wrong name

An easy solution would be to replace it with:

${expression}?.value

Which would allow the empty (check groovy docs for more details). Still you might want to analyse why the expression is coming null

Best regards,

Juan

1. PATRICIA FRANCEZI

Understood the problem. 

The outgoing is sending story points, wich is not available for Sub-tasks. 

The line is issue.customFields."Story Points".value = replica.customFields."Story Points".value

i have comment this line and the subtask was created, but the problem is: 

• If Story Points in a Story is updated? How can i have this updated, without having problems with Subtasks using the KB code only?

Question 2: how can I automate the substask sync after sync the parent? 

2. Juan Grases

You could do:

issue.customFields."Story Points"?.value = replica.customFields."Story Points"?.value

CommentAdd your comment...