I am trying to sync these two fields but I keep getting  error cannot convert value of type java.lang.string to timestamp.

1. Javier Pozuelo

Hi Hagrid,

I will try to synchronize this fields, this upcoming week. In the meantime, have you looked into the following documentation? https://docs.exalate.com/docs/how-to-sync-date-and-datetime-custom-fields-in-jira-on-premise

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Javier Pozuelo is tackling a date/time field syncing issue between Zendesk and Jira Data Center. The error "cannot convert value of type java.lang.string to timestamp" indicates a data format mismatch.

Javier recommends the Exalate documentation ([link to Exalate doc ON [invalid URL removed]]) which explains how to configure such synchronization, especially for date/time fields.

Here's the plan:

1. Review the Doc: Learn how to transform Zendesk's date/time string into a format compatible with Jira's timestamp format.
    1. Match Formats (Optional): If possible, ensure Zendesk and Jira use the same date/time format for these fields.
    1. Test Thoroughly: If using scripts for transformation, test them before deploying to avoid further issues.

By following these steps and referring to the documentation, you should be able to get your date/time fields syncing smoothly between Zendesk and Jira Data Center.

CommentAdd your comment...