Hi, I’m having trouble syncing subtasks in my connection. I’m following the code outlined in https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+synchronize+tasks+and+subtasks. The parent task and the subtask have different custom fields within them. I’m able to get the sub-task created in the cloned board but unable to get the custom fields to sync. To sync the custom fields, I’m using the following like how I did it for parent’s custom fields: issue.customFields.fieldA value = replica.customFields.fieldA.value Should I be using something different for subtask/child tickets?
    CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Eric,

No, there shouldn't be any difference between syncing the custom fields of a parent issue and of a sub-task, what kind of problem are you having, do you get an error? what type of custom field is it?

Thanks,

André

1. Eric Ngo

Hi Andre,

I'm getting this error message: Could not update issue `24,351`: Field 'customfield_10174' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.; Field 'customfield_10184' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.; Field 'customfield_10168' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.; Field 'customfield_10179' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.

They are short text and date fields. 

Best,

Eric

2. last knight

have you verified screens and custom fields exist on the destination JIRA ?

CommentAdd your comment...