We are evaluating Exalate and trying to set up issue type mapping. I’ve been reviewing the documentation here: https://docs.exalate.com/docs/how-to-sync-issue-types-in-jira-cloud

but I can’t get it to work. In the last line of the code block:

issue.typeName = issueTypeMapping[replica.type?.name] ?: "Assignment"

it seems to specify a specific issue type name of “Assignment”, but shouldn’t it match to whatever is matched with the replica issue type from the mapping? In the example, what if the remote issue type was Bug, I don’t see how the example code would set the local issue type to Problem.

1. Peter

Is anyone monitoring this forum to provide help? I posted this question several business days ago, and posted a separate one after that. I see these and many other questions recently open, despite the fact that submitting a formal support request encourages us to look to the forum for help.

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Thank you, I didn't see that explained in the documentation. So, I think I wound up doing it correctly based on that, but I'm getting the "issue type not found" error when I comment out the default issue type setting that's in the incoming connection config and use the below. I have verified that the issue type we are testing with is an exact match in the config with how its written in Jira on both the source and destination side.  I have workflow status mappings working with no problem, so I'm not sure what the problem is here.

//map issue types between source and destination instances.

def issueTypeMapping = [

// "remote issue type" : "local issue type"

"Item Maintenance" : "ABC - New POD / Item Maintenance",

"New POD Item" : "ABC - New POD / Item Maintenance",

"Promotional Workflow" : "ABC - Promotional Workflow",

"Catalog Request" : "ABC - Catalog Request"

]

issue.typeName = issueTypeMapping[replica.type?.name] ?: "ABC - Promotional Workflow"

In the code below, it is assuming that the replica has issue types of Bug and Task. These are mapping to the local issue types of Problem and Assignment. If the issue type can't be mapped, then it defaults to Assignment. If you don't have the Assignment issue type defined in your local system it will fail. You can change the Problem and Assignment types to match the types used in your local system.

//map issue types between source and destination instances.
      def issueTypeMapping = [
      // "remote issue type" : "local issue type"
        "Bug" : "Problem",
        "Task" : "Assignment"
      ]

issue.typeName = issueTypeMapping[replica.type?.name] ?: "Assignment"