Due to the need for integration between two JIRA cloud instances (X & Y) installed on two Atlassian sites I did choose the Exalate plugin as an accurate solution to fulfill our needs in this matter.

Unfortunately, I did face some problems when I have been trying to establish the connection between those mentioned JIRA instances.

So far I was trying to use the Basic & Visual connection types, but I cannot finish the setup process with success (the plug-in is installed on both sides).

Each time when trying to open the JIRA X instance from the JIRA Y instance and check the admin privileges via configuration wizard after a while error similar to "something went wrong. If it occurs again contact your technical team" is displayed and we cannot connect.

Also using the generated invitation code on both sides, each time the result is displaying the message that the code is invalid.

Because of that, I have two questions for you:

ad.1) Is if we want to create the connection between two JIRA’s - do we have to be set as a whole Atlassian site administrator to which this JIRA belongs to OR it is just enough to be an administrator of the JIRA project that we want to be synchronized by your tool?

ad.2) If we need to be assigned to the role of the whole site administrator (not only the JIRA project administrator) please let me know if this will be enough to have those privileges for the time of making configuration of the connection & synch mechanism OR we have to have the site admin privileges for the whole time period when we will be using your tool in our day-to-day work?

Maybe you at first glance notice that the problem is somewhere else - then I will be more than grateful for pointing this out!

Thank you in advance for your support!

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi MichalM 

To answer your questions

ad.1 - to setup the visual or scripted connection - it is required to be a Jira site admin

We are finalising the project level basic connection, which will allow you to setup a connection, without the need of being a site admin. You can expect this feature to arrive in the course of this month.

ad.2 - Your site admin permission can be revoked once that the configuration is fully operational
      Note that only site admins can clear errors.

CommentAdd your comment...